Grant Writing Volunteer Job Description
Job Title: Grant Writing Volunteer
Organization: EmpServe Kenya
Job Location: Nairobi
Time commitment: 16 -24 hrs per week
Duration: Three months renewable pending performance review
Empower and Serve Kenya (EmpServe Kenya) is a registered NGO (OP.218/051/15-205/10154) with an aim of empowering youth and communities through integrated and sustainable development programs including skills enhancement, enterprise development, ICT4D, innovation nurturing, linkages to youth opportunities globally and escalating their participation in national development. Since inception, EmpServe Kenya has a distinguished record as an independent non-profit making organization promoting interests of young and vulnerable communities in both rural and urban Kenya. We have always relied on partnerships and support from distinct entities and individuals to drive our mission.
Position General Description
We are looking for a well-organized, self-motivated, reliable and experienced person to join our fundraising and grant writing team to locate and write grant proposals to secure funding for expansion and program development. The Grant writing volunteer would also be responsible for creating a calendar of available grants and deadlines for the upcoming year. This is an excellent opportunity to gain experience working with a professional staff in an enthusiastic, community-based Non-profit Organization. The volunteer will be reporting to the Programs Coordinator.
- Assist in the research and identification of potential grant funders
- Assist with writing and editing of proposals for grant applications
- Retrieve and assemble background information for grant proposals
- Assist in tracking the grants process by maintaining files and other administrative tasks
- Comply with all grant reporting as required by foundation/corporate donors
- Participate in community outreach and networking events
The candidate should preferably hold a Bachelors or Graduate degree in Development Studies, Communications or related field.
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Possess strong personal integrity and ethical principles
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to details
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent ability to work well under deadlines
- Ability to manage projects with minimal supervision
- Ability to write clear, structured, and persuasive proposals
- Proficient computer skills and use of Microsoft Office and internet
How to Apply:
Interested and qualified candidates should send a one page resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Grant Writing Volunteer Application” not later than 8th February 2019. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.